Re: a blindunfriendly Sarge installer problem

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 11:13:11AM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
> > Well, brltty already builds a .udeb :
> >
> > Package: brltty-udeb
> > Architecture: any
> > Section: debian-installer
> >  This is a small version of brltty, optimized for use on boot floppies.
> >
> > So, maybe it is only a matter of including it ?
>
> This udeb is already included on the speakup floppies. I'm not sure
> what's involved in getting it to work when booting from those floppies.

It seems to be included in the access images too :

$ grep brltty pkg-lists/*/*
pkg-lists/access/common:brltty-udeb
pkg-lists/access/i386.cfg:brltty-modules-${kernel:Version}

Not sure where exactly those get used though, but maybe non-i386 users would
like to have it too, and maybe we should include it per default in the cdrom
images at least ?

The brltty .udeb is 88k on i386, and the brltty modules seem are :

brlvger
belkin_sa

on powerpc belkin_sa is 15k or so, and brlvger is not built, i wonder why
though.

Friendly,

Sven Luther