Re: a blindunfriendly Sarge installer problem

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 03:05:12PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Osvaldo La Rosa wrote:
> > The question is: what made the Woody able to permit mounting a flop so
> > soon, and can it be reproduced again in the Sarge installer/future
> > installer[S]?
>
> Kernel non-modularity. The kernel has both gotten huge in the meantime
> as well as been rightfully modularised.
>
> If someone would like to work on a brltty installation image for d-i,
> that would be great. We could include it as a boot option on CDs.

Would it not be possible to pre-seed in some way the stuff needed to get
brltty loaded ? If they can be found on floppies, there probably is an udeb
for them.

How big is brltty ? Could we not include it by default ? Or create an initrd
which includes them by default.

Friendly,

Sven Luther