Re: a blindunfriendly Sarge installer problem

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 10:37:40PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 03:05:12PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Osvaldo La Rosa wrote:
> > > The question is: what made the Woody able to permit mounting a flop so
> > > soon, and can it be reproduced again in the Sarge installer/future
> > > installer[S]?
> >
> > Kernel non-modularity. The kernel has both gotten huge in the meantime
> > as well as been rightfully modularised.
> >
> > If someone would like to work on a brltty installation image for d-i,
> > that would be great. We could include it as a boot option on CDs.
>
> Would it not be possible to pre-seed in some way the stuff needed to get
> brltty loaded ? If they can be found on floppies, there probably is an udeb
> for them.

On Knoppix, there is no flop needed, just entering the params to pass to
the kernel I presume...

> How big is brltty ?

A static bin is +/- 500k, I ignore how they did that for Mandriva or
Knoppix.

>Could we not include it by default ?

> Or create an initrd
> which includes them by default.

I will try reposting this question on our FR discussion list
CarrefourBLinuX, sicne there are some developers who are more involved in
programming, brltty, etc: they should make apropriate suggestions/answers.

Osvaldo La Rosa aka Aldo.
(please BBC me too when answering)