Re: a blindunfriendly Sarge installer problem

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 01:50:41PM +0200, Osvaldo La Rosa wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 10:37:40PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Would it not be possible to pre-seed in some way the stuff needed to get
> > brltty loaded ? If they can be found on floppies, there probably is an udeb
> > for them.
>
> On Knoppix, there is no flop needed, just entering the params to pass to
> the kernel I presume...

Debian-installer is not knoppix though.

> > How big is brltty ?
>
> A static bin is +/- 500k, I ignore how they did that for Mandriva or
> Knoppix.

And probably don't need a static binary, as the .udeb will depend on libraries
included in the initrd.

> >Could we not include it by default ?
>
> > Or create an initrd
> > which includes them by default.
>
> I will try reposting this question on our FR discussion list
> CarrefourBLinuX, sicne there are some developers who are more involved in
> programming, brltty, etc: they should make apropriate suggestions/answers.

Well, brltty already builds a .udeb :

Package: brltty-udeb
Architecture: any
Section: debian-installer
 This is a small version of brltty, optimized for use on boot floppies.

So, maybe it is only a matter of including it ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther