Re: SATA install - AMD64 - success story

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 07:44:14AM -0400, Jeff Breidenbach wrote:
> > Does [Sorensen's 2.6.12 AMD64 installer] work at all [...]
>
> Nope.
>
> "No installable kernel was found in the defined apt sources"
>
> "The current default kernel package is kernel-image"
>
> "Youmay try to continue though this rather strange error is
> probably fatal"

I have now fixed base-installer-udeb to support linux-image instead of
kernel-image.  I did a full test install of sarge onto a 120GB WD
SATA drive on a promise 20378 controller on my A8V and it worked
perfectly as far as I could tell (at least it rebooted and started the
base-config and started downloading packages after I told it to use
amd64.debian.net/debian).  I do not have a way of testing if it would
autodetect ahci, but hopefully just manually doing modprobe ahci on
console 2 would work around that.

Same image name as before (maybe I should rename it when I change it).

http://www.tinyplanet.ca/~lsorense/amd64/

Len Sorensen