Re: proposal for apt setup in first stage

Joey Hess wrote:

I'm not sure how this can be made more clear. Perhaps it should note
that the directory is almost always "/debian/" but then that is the
default right there in the text edit field.

I also do not have a perfect solution. Displaying the generated lines at the end and asking the user something like '<ok>' or '<cancel>' would maybe help generally.

2004-08-17 If you don't like vi configure it to not be your default editor or don't
install it. nano is the default editor, FWIW.

Maybe it's history as my /var/log/debian-installer has the time stamp 2004-08-17 on this workstation. I always use the debian way, i.e. netinst, tasksel and apt-get. And as I remember I had to install nano manually, but I cannot swear, if it was on this machine.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer