Re: GTK frontend, global progressbas support proposed

The problem with such a progress bar is that the granularity of steps in
the main menu varies a lot. Users hate progress bars that jump forward
quickly (though locale configuration, networking) and then stall out (at
debootstrap). This can be dealt with but I wonder if an estimated time
to completion wouldn't be more useful and approximatly as easy to
implement as a well-done progress bar. It also avoids the visual
confusion of having more than one progress bar displayed at a time (at
least I've always found that to be confusing).

--
see shy jo