GTK frontend, global progressbas support proposed

Hi everyone

Some days ago colin watson suggested to introduce in the PROGRESS protocol the possibility to have more than one progressbar: "it would be interesting to have a global progress bar indicating the progress of the whole installation (roughly, your position in the main menu)." I strongly support colin's idea: a global progressbar could be very useful and could improve used friendlyness of the installer very much. For my thesis i've been asked to implement green/red checkmarks aside the main menu buttons to keep track of already configured steps : tought this can surely be done i think it would be better to introduce the global progress bar colin suggested.

what do you think about it?

ciao

attilio