Re: Stop: C000021a {Fatal System Error}

On (27/04/05 11:07), Ted.Keesey@synoran.com wrote:
> I have had Window2000 XP professional installed for some time  on my
> computer and decided to install Debian.
> Install of Debian was successfull.  Now when I go back to select WindowsXP
> to boot I get the
> following error afterwards:
>
> Stop: C000021a {Fatal System Error}
> The Session Manager Intialization System process terminated unexpectedly
> with
> a status of 0xc000003a (0x00000000 0x00000000).
> The system has been shutdown.
>
> I can not even boot in to Safe mode.
>
> Can you tell me:
>
> Q1: What in my Linux install caused this problem?  Does it have to do with
> the MBR update by GRUB?
I've installed debian and grub a few times over XP without any
significant problem.  This sounds like a windows boot error - can you
confirm it is not grub?

> Q2: How can I avoid this problem?
Not sure - as we don't know what's causing it yet ;)

> Q3; Is there any way to recover from this problem?
If you have the original windowsXP system disk, you should be able to
repair the windows system.

You'll then have to rerun grub from debian.  There were a couple of
posts on this in the last day or so:
Subject: Re: MBR deleted - reinstall grub

search the archive:
http://lists.debian.org/search.html