Kernel-image not found during sarge install

Hi,

I am trying to install debian testing (sarge) on my powerbook 2400c.
As this machine has no cdrom drive I am using the net-install images -
starting up with BootX.

I have tried using the 2.6 images from:
http://ftp.no.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-powerpc/current/images/powerpc/netboot/
and (just in case they were different in different places) the 2.4
images from:
http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/2005-04-26/powerpc/netboot/2.4/

The installation goes fine, pretty much, until well into the
installation of the base system (past 70%) when it gives the error:

No installable kernel found
No installable kernel was found in the defined APT sources.
The current default kernel package is 'kernel-image'.
You may try to continue though this strange error is probably fatal.

I have looked at the lists of debian packages and there is no package
called kernel-image, though there are plenty of kernel-image-xxxxx,
including the one I probably want, kernel-image-powerpc (though when I
ask it to display the files in this package there are just a couple of
readme's?). Anyway - I don't think I can just try getting into the
semi-installed system some other way and just installing this one
package as there may be other things to be installed after it and the
installer won't go past this error.

I tried to install this about 6 months ago and got the same error and
assumed someone was upgrading the package or something. I've searched
through the mailing lists and found someone with the same error from
March 2004.

Is there something I can do to fix this? Is the installer just looking
for the wrong kernel-package? If so can I edit the installer somehow
with the correct package?

Any help greatly appreciated.

William

williamr@ml1.net