Stop: C000021a {Fatal System Error}

I have had Window2000 XP professional installed for some time  on my computer and decided to install Debian.
Install of Debian was successfull.  Now when I go back to select WindowsXP to boot I get the
following error afterwards:

Stop: C000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Session Manager Intialization System process terminated unexpectedly with
a status of 0xc000003a (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shutdown.

I can not even boot in to Safe mode.

Can you tell me:

Q1: What in my Linux install caused this problem?  Does it have to do with the MBR update by GRUB?
Q2: How can I avoid this problem?
Q3; Is there any way to recover from this problem?

Thank you.

Ted Keesey
Synoran
Systems 390 Administrator