Re: (forw) Re: debian-installer feedback, incorrect locale and unclear " deslection" text

On 18/04/05 06:21, Christian Perrier wrote:
I think the locale should be set to en_GB.UTF-8 as well, mine ended up
as C after installing.

The locale will be en_GB in next generation of the installer. Whether
it is UTF-8 is a more general design choice we didn't make yet. In
expert mode, the user will be able to choose between the various
variants of en_GB locales in such situation.

My suggestion would be to use UTF-8 by default (unless a user wishes to
change that default)

The UK has been using ISO-8859-15 and UTF-8 for many years.  Presently
debian still sets en_GB to ISO-8859-1.  This means that all those €
(Euro) characters will be corrupted and incorrectly displayed as '¤'
(the character which shares the same code in ISO-8859-1

Kind regards
JG