Re: debian-installer and kernel status (pre- and post-sarge) on sparc

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 12:44:33PM +0900, Horms wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 09:38:49AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 12:55:48PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > Horms,
> > >
> > > Yes, and unfortunately Josh's changelog entry is exceedingly vague; but from
> > > the date, it would have to have been built against k-i-2.6.8-sparc 2.6.8-6
> > > AFAICT.
> >
> > Notice that i have adapted the powerpc kernels to copy the kernel-source
> > changelog into the kernel-image file, where it shows up as :
> >
> >   changelog-kernel-source.Debian.gz
> >
> > Maybe not the best naming scheme, but i believe we should make this a policy
> > as soon as possible, and include the kernel-source changelog always in the
> > kernel-images, so that there is no doubt of the above kind.
>
> Yes that is a good idea. Having a dependancy on kernel-tree-X.Y.Z-N is
> also a good idea. Though if we move to single-source kernels, which I
> know you are a strong proponent of, this problem all goes away, right?

Yeah, but in the meanwhile, we can't have the information not available, and
we need to consider the sarge situation. I will investigate about adding the
kernel-tree-X.Y.Z-N dependency in an automated way too.

Friendly,

Sven Luther