Re: installation via serial console on C3600 (hppa)

Hi,

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 10:59, Thomas Hühn wrote:
> I have to admit that I don't have much clue about d-i or the C3600, so
> I cannot say whether it's a real problem in d-i or just me not knowing
> what to do.

I assume that you did check the installation guide for hppa [1] (although
I wouldn't be surprised if that's less than helpful for your case).

Given your comments, my guess would be that you're not passing the correct
boot parameters for a sercon floppy installation. Probably ppl on the
debian-hppa list [2] can help you better to solve this than people
working on the installer itself.

If you do find out what's missing (or if you find a genuine problem in
d-i), please let us know through an installation report [3] so we can
either fix the installer or document the floppy boot procedure for your
system.

[1] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.hppa/index.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-hppa/
[3] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/report-template