Re: Pre-RC3 installation reports on sparc

On Sunday 13 March 2005 00:06, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> Below are the results of my testing of pre-RC3 images on sparc32 and
> sparc64. All installs were done using serial console.

I've done a sparc64 netboot install using 2.6 kernel with normal console
(keyboard and monitor connected).
Installation was fine (even set up X for the first time, not desktop task
though :-).

One weird thing.
In first stage I get no borders around dialogs and in languagechooser
non-ascii characters are not displayed correctly.
In second stage the dialogs are fine.

IMHO this should be fixable (but I have no idea where to start looking;
ideas welcome)...

Cheers,
FJP