[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: rc3 release blockers

Alastair McKinstry wrote:
> With exquisite timing, bug #297661 was filed as Release-Critical against
> iso-codes. A fix is now pending in CVS, but not uploaded.
> The problem was incorrect entries in iso_639.tab; this file is not used
> in iso_3166_udeb, in d-i; the file is marked deprecated as the XML
> version is to be used instead; however it has gotten out-of-sync with
> corrections and changes in the XML version; now fixed.
> The decision is whether or not to do an iso-codes upload. Its an arch:
> all file, now problems with buildds delaying the build. My preference is
> to downgrade the bug to Important: and upload post-sarge; if it breaks
> other software (as claimed) then fix the other software to use the XML
> version. This is noted in email to submitter and BTS. 
> The decision is in Joeyh and the RM's hands.

If it doesn't impact d-i then there's no reason to delay rc3 for it. I'm
sure lots of other software related to d-i has rc bugs. :-)

Do feel free to upload it after the udebs for 0.44-1 reach testing though.

see shy jo

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

Reply to: