Re: kernel abiname transition and security updates status

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 08:41:26PM +0900, Horms wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 04:24:36PM +0900, Horms wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 10:27:20PM +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > > * Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> [2005-01-10 16:24]:
> > >
> > > mips and mipsel have been updated.  However, given the new local
> > > root exploit (fixed in SVN), we'll all need to make another round
> > > of updates anyway.
> >
> > Josh Kwan and I chatted about this yesterday on IRC.  He and I are
> > both pretty happy with kernel-source-2.4.27 as it is, but I would
> > like a chance to go through recent bug reports just to make sure
> > there isn't anything missing. As a result we are aiming to release
> > next week.

Sorry for this taking a bit longer than I had hoped.  I now have
kernel-source-2.4.27 in a state where I am happy to release it as
2.4.27-8.

I have made both kernel-source-2.4.27 and kernel-image-2.4.27-i386 up on
http://debian.vergenet.net/pending/ for people to take a look at.

I aim to releaase these verbatim tomorrow if there are no objections. If
you make an updates to SVN please drop me an email, so I make sure that
they make it in. As I am not intending to rebuild again. If you put
horms@debian.org in To or CC then it will go to the top of my
mail-reading priority list.

--
Horms