[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: release update and branching

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 09:19:15PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
>   - linux-kernel-di-<arch>: Upload to t-p-u, does not need autobuild,
>     no problem.
>   - debian-installer: We'd not upload development version of this
>     even if unstable were open for developmental uploads, because it's
>     only uploaded before d-i releases.
>   - network-console, partman-auto, partman: Arch any, so a t-p-u upload
>     would be annoying.

partman-auto is arch: all, actually, which makes the alpha recipe breakage
more annoying to fix no matter which way you slice it.

> If these are representative of the type of problems we'll be dealing
> with until the sarge release, and if we don't keep finding lots of
> release-critical non-kernel, non-security, non-discover problems, then I
> think that uploading developmental udebs to unstable and still getting
> RC fixes into sarge will be doable. On the other hand, if we keep on
> seeing many problems in things like partman and network-console, then
> getting them into t-p-u will quickly become painful. Still, I'm inclined
> to go with this option since it seems much easier than getting
> everything set up to let us use experimental.

Would it be reasonable to delay upload of post-sarge debs to unstable until
we get t-p-u autobuilders fully online, and then open unstable for new

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

Reply to: