Re: 2.4.27-6 source and i386 images available for testing
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, Martin Michlmayr <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, Joey Hess <email@example.com>, Thiemo Seufer <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Norbert Tretkowski <email@example.com>, Bastian Blank <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: 2.4.27-6 source and i386 images available for testing
- From: Horms <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:10:22 +0900
- Message-id: <20041129111018.GA15551@debian.org>
- Mail-followup-to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Martin Michlmayr <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, Joey Hess <email@example.com>, Thiemo Seufer <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Norbert Tretkowski <email@example.com>, Bastian Blank <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20041129002343.GB6804@rembrandt.csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de> <20041127101035.GB12016@wavehammer.waldi.eu.org> <20041127003353.GD26333@rollcage.inittab.de>
- References: <20041118064443.GA23159@kitenet.net> <20041118105057.GA2509@deprecation.cyrius.com> <20041122090025.GC31094@verge.net.au> <20041122124138.GA23643@deprecation.cyrius.com> <20041124073530.GB2873@verge.net.au> <20041125062009.GA9915@debian.org> <20041125152016.GD3704@deprecation.cyrius.com> <20041126073159.GB13912@verge.net.au> <20041126093139.GK15305@debian.org> <20041127003353.GD26333@rollcage.inittab.de>
I have addressed the two problems that were raised on
debian-kernel, as noted below. The new packages
are available, look for the ones dated 29th November.
On Sat, Nov 27, 2004 at 01:33:53AM +0100, Norbert Tretkowski wrote:
> * Horms wrote:
> > If interested parties could take a look before I upload them I would
> > be grateful.
> Build fails on alpha, patch attached.
> --- tty_ioctl.c~ 2004-11-26 09:01:12.000000000 +0100
> +++ tty_ioctl.c 2004-11-27 01:28:37.000000000 +0100
> @@ -286,6 +286,7 @@
> int retval;
> struct sgttyb tmp;
> struct termios termios;
> + unsigned long flags;
> retval = tty_check_change(tty);
> if (retval)
Thanks, I have added that patch
On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 01:23:43AM +0100, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> I see the same build failure as reported for alpha on mips. The patch
> mentioned there seems to work.
On Sat, Nov 27, 2004 at 11:10:35AM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 27, 2004 at 01:08:05AM +0100, Norbert Tretkowski wrote:
> > * Horms wrote:
> > > If interested parties could take a look before I upload them I would
> > > be grateful.
> > Permissions of /usr/src/kernel-patches/all/2.4.27/apply/debian aren't
> > perfect:
> > -rwx--x--x 1 root root 4674 Nov 26 09:01 /usr/src/kernel-patches/all/2.4.27/apply/debian
> > Building kernel-images as user fails with "Permission denied".
> The kernel source packages must be build with umask 022, someone should
> finaly fix this.
I have fixed my build script accordingly, though perhaps a better
fix would be fix debian/rules (and perhaps make-kpkg, I am not sure).