Re: partman problems (sparc and elsewhere)

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 06:04:28PM -0800, Joshua Kwan wrote:

> Blars Blarson wrote:
> | After doing successful installs using rc2 on a stack of sparc systems
> | (ultra1, ultra1e, ultra2, ultra2) I started playing with raid and lvm
> | installs.  Unfortunatly, the raid and lvm stuff failed due to bugs in
> | partman and missing modules.
>
> What missing modules?

lvm was what failed on missing modules.  I was able to mark partitions
as physical volumes and create the volume group using the choose an
option that fails to convince it to accept the current configuration
trick, but creating a logical volume failed with a complaint about
missing the stripeing module.  (Sorry I don't remember the exact
name.)

The raid problem was trying to figure out how to set partitions as
part of a md set, not missing modules.

I've got plans for the weekend so probably won't have time until
monday to play with this any more.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html