Re: NTFS resize in partman

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 11:05:31PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> I guess the minimum size is not properly detected, and no error is
> shown on failure.

Yes.  There is a code that tries to parse the output of

ntfsresize -f -i DEVICE_NAME

but it didn't work and partman falls back on some very minimal size.  If
you still have this Win partition can you send me the output of this
command.  I want to be sure that its output is always the same.

> It worked fine when I told it to resize it to the more sensible 20 gb.
> Windows appeared in the grub menu and booted ok, though it wanted to
> check the ntfs partition.

Ntfsresize always produces "durty" file system and Windows needs to
check it.

Anton Zinoviev