Re: NTFS resize in partman

I installed windows 2003 server[1] and it made a 40 gb ntfs partition. If I
select the partiton and resize, it says the minimum size is 512 bytes. I
told it to resize it down to 1 gb, and it went back to the main menu
with no error message (or size change). I guess the minimum size is not
properly detected, and no error is shown on failure.

It worked fine when I told it to resize it to the more sensible 20 gb.
Windows appeared in the grub menu and booted ok, though it wanted to
check the ntfs partition.

(I also tried to use the "copy partition" menu item to move my ntfs hda1
to a new hda2 so I could put linux at the front of the drive, but this
didn't work. It complained that it did not have support for opening a
ntfs partition.)

--
see shy jo

[1] My god, the things I'll do for Debian!