Re: NTFS resize in partman

Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> Yes.  There is a code that tries to parse the output of
>
> ntfsresize -f -i DEVICE_NAME
>
> but it didn't work and partman falls back on some very minimal size.  If
> you still have this Win partition can you send me the output of this
> command.  I want to be sure that its output is always the same.

Well it was grepping for "may resize" but the string is "might resize"[1].
Fixed that, but the code to get the size also depended on the existence
of $backupdev/$oldid, and backupdev was
/var/lib/partman/backup/devices/=... -- the /devices/ seems to be wrong.
I think I've fixed these problems and it works for me, but I would
appreciate a check.

One weird thing. It told me the minimum size was 3.2 gb, but if I typed
in exactly that, it said "too small size". I changed it to 3.3 and it
was ok. Rounding error? The actual minimum, according to ntfsresize, is
3231584256 bytes.

BTW, if you'd like to commit partman-autolvm, I have time to work on
debugging it.

--
see shy jo

[1] clue to ntfsresize developers: if you have to add a
    /* WARNING: don't modify the text, external tools grep for it */
    then you're doing something wrong; add a new command line option
    with a decent interface!