Bug#269554: installation-reports: 20040831 image is broken (kernel)
Version: 20040831 sid snapshot
I'm trying 20040831 snapshot image on vmware, but many bugs are there
around kernel problem. I'm very disappointed such a
regression, destruct. 2.4.26+2.6.7 was good shape, but current
2.4.27+2.6.8 is worst combination. Further, partman makes new bad bugs.
- default kernel, 2.4.27 won't find PATA disk. This problem is already
filled in BTS, but kernel maintainers seem don't fix yet.
- linux26 kernel, 2.6.8 find PATA disk, but...
- background of menu is RED. I think this is bug around framebuffer.
- Slow, really slow than 2.4.26/2.6.7 version (is this vmware problem?).
Loading ide-generic takes a long time.
After ethdetect, screen won't show anything a long time.
Configuring DHCP takes a long time.
Detecting filesystem takes a long time.
- partman shows a strange output. partitioning table shows:
IDE1 master (hda) - 3.2 GB VMware Virtual IDE Hard Drive