Re: missing kernel-config file

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 04:10:05PM +0200, Toth Szabolcs wrote:

> Dear Geert !
Yes, it was a private message

> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004, Geert Stappers wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 02:35:47PM +0200, Toth Szabolcs wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello !
> > >
> > > I'm missing the kernel-config file of the sarge install please put it
> > > aside the kernel image in the future like by the older release and please
> > > send it me by mail now I would really need it.
> >
> > Strange, computers that I installed with debian-installer
> > have in the directory /boot a config file.
> >
> > Otherwise
> > Debian-installer uses the regular Debian kernels,
> > so you can extract the .deb `dpkg -x kernel-image-2.x.y.z_arch.deb`
> > and use that kernel configuration file.
> >

> My problem is that I was unable to install the sarge distribution beause
> the intaller didn't reconginse my SATA controller. I made my own 2.6.x
> kernel image that reconise the HDD but the booting process didn't see the
> ram drive however I set it in the kernel config.  Have you any idea what
> did I wrong ?

"wrong???", I have no interrest in telling what you do wrong ;-)

There are several things that you could do better:

 - talk with the community and be part of the community (no private E-mail about this topic)
 - tell what you really want (your SATA controller recognised)
 - show that put some effort in it to achieve it
  (e.g. tell that you allready build a kernel to solve your problem )

> Szabolcs Toth

Cheers
Geert Stappers