sarge netinst bug with cpqarray

[Please CC to me, I'm not on the list]

Hello!

I tried installing sarge/testing to Compaq Proliant DL360 server today.
I grabbed sarge-i386-netinst.iso from
http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/i386/current/.
The iso image seems to be created 05-Jul-2004 22:52.

The "Compaq Integrated Smart Array Controller" (SMART2/cpqarray) is detected
fine during the installer, and the module is loaded succesfully.

I can partition the disk, and also install the base.
using /dev/ida/disc0/disc and /dev/ida/disc0/partX.

But, both grub and lilo fail to install.. grub says something like this:

"Unable to install GRUB in (hd0)
Executing 'grub-install (hd0)' failed.
This is a fatal error"

and in the console 3:

"Probing devices to guess BIOS drives. This may take a long time.
/dev/ida/c0d0p2 does not have any corresponding BIOS drive."

that c0d0p2 looks weird.. there's no such device in /dev/ida/.

Any ideas?

I also tried booting with a grub floppy, and then manually booting using the
installed kernel from the second partition of the disk.. kernel panics
because it cannot mount root (because the cpqarray driver is not loaded..).

If you need more information, please let me know.

-- Pasi Kärkkäinen

[Please CC to me, I'm not on the list]

                                   ^
                                .     .