Re: HELP! Where is dselect in 2nd stage installation????

Frans Pop wrote:
> The title says it all.
>
> I just did an unstable PXE-netboot installation (priority medium) and saw the
> new tasksel. Very nice, sure.
> The 'manual selection' option gives me aptitude.
>
> But I _like_ dselect. It's clean, straightforward, easy (once you know it ;-)
> and reliable.
> Please bring it back!

You're part of a small minority, and I don't think it's worth the bother
of adding back a question about dselect at this point. Tasksel now uses
aptitude to do things that dselect cannot do (such as install tasks),
and this integration will only become tighter once aptitude 0.2.15-1
enters testing. As Colin suggested, you can just choose to install
nothing and run dselect later.

--
see shy jo