Re: 2.6 installations: display problems

Quoting Frans Pop (aragorn@tiscali.nl):

> If I PXE-boot with the 2.6 kernel, the translations in languagechooser for RTL
> languages or languages containing accents are not displayed correctly (square
> blocks for non-ascii characters).
> The same happens with the 20040705 sid_d-i netinst ISO.
> The 2.4 d-i is OK.

This seems to be the framebuffer problem mentioned by kmuto very
recently and finally tracked down to a rootskel problem. There have
been two such consecutive problems : one affecting both 2.4 and 2.6
and another one only affecting 2.6

The first is supposedly solved by a more recent rootskel while the
latter is maybe not yet fixed (or will be soon : there has been one
new upload of rootskel today))

> Also with 2.6, if I choose English and next Abort installation and reboot,
> there are console messages shown (like 'The system is going down
NOW')
> through the d-i screen. This does not happen with the 2.4 kernel.

I think I have seen some of these, yes