Re: d-i floppy installation failed

On Sun, 2004-06-27 at 20:48, Stefano Melchior wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 02:41:23PM +0200, John Smith wrote:
> Hi,
> > > > >
> > > You are correct, but I am sorry that I didn't mentioned before: even with
> > > a new test on another system (1x PII266MHz)  it failed!
> > > I tried on my PIV1.7 laptop which I used to create the floppies.
> >
> > Images from the location you mentioned (floppy/boot & root.img)
> > booted my laptop perfectly. No trouble what so all.
> >
> > If you doubt the images, why don't you get 'm from a mirror or
> > try the latest builds from
> > http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/images/daily/floppy/
> I tried the previous mirror and it worked fine. Why is it updated yet?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Regards
>
> SteX
>
> PS: the wrong image mirror link should be removed or updated in order not
> someone else to encounter my problem, shouldn't it?

I guess you tried the images found at joeys. Those are _development_
images, probably pre- releases for beta-5 or rc1 (release candidate
1). So you are just lucky they work at all, although I'm using them
myself too, the netboot ones then ;-) .

I guess you could make a diff between images from the official
location and your own mirror and mail the mirror administrator to
urge him to update his machine.

Sincerely,

Jan.