d-i floppy installation failed

Hi all,
I downloaded the floppy boot.img, root.img (June the 25th 2004 images for
i386; the system is a Digital Personal Workstation with 2x PII450MHz) from the following repository:

http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-i386/current/images/

and I started to boot with boot.img
The problem was that the installation early failed. What I could see on
display is:

Press F1 for help, or ENTER to boot: expert
Boot failed: please change disks and press a key to continue.

I tried to dd the *.imgs on other floppies in order to avoid h/w problem
on media; to download again but I behaved in the same manner.
What can it be? how can I help you to solve the problem?
The tty3 hasn't been active yet

Regards

SteX
--