Re: PPP / PPPoE / APT sources

martin f krafft wrote:

also sprach Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> [2004.06.17.2011 +0200]:
Maybe the CD-ROM as APT source thing makes sense since I am using
the netinst image, but the other two are confusing.
Your guess is right. Try with businesscard images.

ok. thanks.

How can I configure PPP and/or PPPoE to be used for the
installation?
Lower debconf priority (medium or maybe low).

already at low. :(

You should have an
option for configuring PPP in base-config at 2nd stage (this is why we
included that damn pppconfig thing int translation statistics....).

ah. i didn't get that far. so i can't install the base system via
ppp?

Hello,
I wrote a tutorial on installing via PPPoE today. It's not 100% complete yet but it has details all the way up to configuring PPPoE to connect to the internet. It's currently hosted on my home computer, http://awiebe.blogdns.net/Tutorials/Install_Debian_via_PPPoE.php

<Arthur/>