Re: grub doesn't boot after lowmem install

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 06:53:35PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> W. Borgert wrote:
> > What is the solution?  Use LILO?
>
> A small /boot partition and grub works for me.

Hm, the harddisk is already very small, so I don't want to
waste space with multiple partitions.  Also, my other
problem remains: I don't like to go through the installation
process again, as it takes hours.  Can I just install LILO
over GRUB without finding myself in the partioner?

Btw. a colleague of mine had the same problem.  After some
problems during the end of installation (I can't remember
whether it was kernel or boot loader) he wanted to repeat
that step, but always found himself in the partitioner again
and again.  He - as me - didn't find a way to tell d-i:
"Hey, I did partitioning & base install, don't do it again!"

Cheers, WB