RAID1 on / planned?

I did a RAID1 install with the netinst CD of yesterday and
failed (detailled problem report later, I will try again
first).  Questions:

- Is RAID1 on / planned to be supported?  IMHO, it doesn't
  make much sense to have RAID1 support, but not on /.  OK,
  you may save the / or /boot from time to time manually
  on the second disk, but that's not convenient...

- Have other people tested RAID1 lately?  It would be nice
  to read a success story from time to time :-)

- I prepared the first disk (all partitions of type raid) in
  the installer, then the second.  Unfortunately, the
  partitioner forgot the types of the first disk, as soon as
  I prepared the second one.  I had to set the 'raid' type
  of the first disk again.  Bug in the partioner, bad usage,
  or jealousy between the two disks?

Cheers, WB