RE: [waldi@debian.org: Re: [tsec-gf] Re: will s390 have a working installer for sarge?]

> Okay, so the remaining problems are:
> - zipl-installer, not available(?)

OK, so this needs to be written/done.

> - ssh (the support is finished in the glibc cvs and openssh package),
>   this needs the possibility to restart cdebconf.

??? woody had ssh, and things haven't changed much for that. Maybe I'm
misunderstanding what's needed here.

> - language-/countrychooser at the begining is annoying

> - cdebconf
>   - text frontend don't respect dumb terminal definition,
> should disable
>     translations.

This sounds like a general problem. TTY on serial console would have the
same problem.

>   - as discussed, default items should be prefixed with an asterisk or
>     similar.

Ditto.

> - s390-netdevice
>   - iucv support.

OK. We can look into this one.  Adam, this should be similar to the
bootparms stuff we did in terms of prompting for and supplying the right
parms.

>   - fails silent the first time on the test machine, needs some debug
>     and the file /proc/chandev from the testmachine.

Is this for IUCV or for CTC/etc? IUCV doesn't have a chandev entry
because its not really a device (there's no channel associated with it).