Re: [waldi@debian.org: Re: [tsec-gf] Re: will s390 have a working installer for sarge?]

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 03:45:29PM -0400, David Boyes wrote:
> > - ssh (the support is finished in the glibc cvs and openssh package),
> >   this needs the possibility to restart cdebconf.
> ??? woody had ssh, and things haven't changed much for that. Maybe I'm
> misunderstanding what's needed here.

The udeb is in the archive. The logic to build keys and start the server
is not yet implemented.

> > - cdebconf
> >   - text frontend don't respect dumb terminal definition,
> > should disable
> >     translations.
>
> This sounds like a general problem. TTY on serial console would have the
> same problem.

serial is mostly vt100 compatible which supports 8bit.

> > - s390-netdevice
> >   - iucv support.
> OK. We can look into this one.  Adam, this should be similar to the
> bootparms stuff we did in terms of prompting for and supplying the right
> parms.

The exists a debian-installer/kernel/parameter value in the debconf db
which should be filed with the values. s390-dasd also needs to seed it.

> >   - fails silent the first time on the test machine, needs some debug
> >     and the file /proc/chandev from the testmachine.
> Is this for IUCV or for CTC/etc? IUCV doesn't have a chandev entry
> because its not really a device (there's no channel associated with it).

QETH, I don't know what the real problem is.

Bastian

--
Our missions are peaceful -- not for conquest.  When we do battle, it
is only because we have no choice.