Re: status

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 01:07:21PM -0600, Lakin Wecker wrote:
> Colin Watson wrote:
> > Oh, that's easy then. :) parted-udeb wasn't installed due to problems
> > with libdebian-installer, which are affecting a number of things in d-i
> > at the moment. Tomorrow's build should fix this. You can work around it
> > by finding the parted-udeb package in /cdrom and running 'udpkg -i' on
> > it.
>
> Thanks for the patience and the info.  I can also just chroot /target
> then run yabootconfig and it works. ;)  Which is what I did last
> night.
>
> Is there anything else I can help test?

I'd *love* to have a test of tomorrow's CD image build (or whenever it
is that gets libdebian-installer4-udeb 0.25.really.0.22), to make sure
it really doesn't require workarounds any more. I'll be testing it
myself I hope, but I'll be on my way to Brazil by tomorrow evening so
may not be exactly responsive for a bit. If we can get confirmation that
new partman-newworld and yaboot-installer do their jobs when the rest of
the installer isn't breaking under their feet, we can get them moved
into testing.

Although it isn't directly relevant to d-i, some post-installation
testing would also be good: making sure tasks work reasonably, and the
like. We've been pretty light on such testing for powerpc.

Thanks!