Re: status

On May 23, 2004 04:28 pm, Colin Watson wrote:
> I'd *love* to have a test of tomorrow's CD image build (or whenever it
> is that gets libdebian-installer4-udeb 0.25.really.0.22), to make sure
> it really doesn't require workarounds any more. I'll be testing it
> myself I hope, but I'll be on my way to Brazil by tomorrow evening so
> may not be exactly responsive for a bit. If we can get confirmation that
> new partman-newworld and yaboot-installer do their jobs when the rest of
> the installer isn't breaking under their feet, we can get them moved
> into testing.
>
> Although it isn't directly relevant to d-i, some post-installation
> testing would also be good: making sure tasks work reasonably, and the
> like. We've been pretty light on such testing for powerpc.

The CD's just posted in the past few hours (may 23rd daily's) fair better
during the partition, but still do not detect the Bootstrap partition with
the yaboot installer.  Just let me know which CD's to test and I can give
them a test for the next 36 hours, after that I have to make sure the machine
is useable for another week of work.   I will have another powerbook on which
I will be installing debian in the coming weeks so that will provide another
test bed.

Post install:  I fought through an install with Beta-4 after hacking up every
script that yabootconfig uses to find the programs correctly and was able to
get debian up and going fairly nicely.  Was running it for the past week at
work with no problems besides being utterly unable to build a 2.6 kernel
which booted.  Alas, that's my fault not debian's.

Thanks again for the help.

Lakin