Re: Software RAID support

* Anton Zinoviev <anton@lml.bas.bg> [2004-05-10 19:54]:
> MD devices.  You have two choices: 1. see why parted_devices doesn't
> work for MD (the bug is somewhere either in libparted or in the
> kernel)

It's a bug in libparted.  While libparted finds (most) LVM1 devices,
it doesn't find LVM2 devices by default; however, this has been fixed
by a patch from Andres Salomon (see #247174).

> I intended to create the device directories for LVM in the same way
> you do in partman-md but libparted did this part of the work for me.

Hmm, maybe the libparted patch for LVM2 devices should be reverted and
they be created by hand?  Or libparted fixed to show MD devices, I
guess.
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com