Re: Request for review of partman-newworld

On 7.IV.2004 Colin Watson wrote:

> This was my first exposure to partman's internals, so I'd appreciate it
> if a partman expert (Anton?) could look it over for any glaring errors.

It is not dangerous, but it won/t work properly.  Partman-palo (and
partman-lvm) contained some hacks that are not necessary with the new
version of partman.  However I haven't updated fully the code of
partman-palo yet.I will look at partman-newworld after a few days.

I suppose that only one partition needs to be yaboot
partition. However the Mac disk label supports more than one partition
with bootable flag set.  How the bootable flag is supposed to be used?
Probably every operating system has to have one partition with
bootable flag set?

Anton Zinoviev