sparc64 sarge-sparc-netinst.iso beta 3

I've tried both the debian installer and the version that comes on the
latest sarge iso (I think they are identical as far as the installer is
concerned). Both fail to boot unless I say:

root=0100

Both then fail to find sr_mod.o and therefore can't mount the cdrom. I
guess either the module needs to be compiled into the kernel, or the
module needs to be supplied, or it is supplied and I can't find it.

Any suggestions? NetBoot apparently works according to the web page so
I'll try that when I am in a position to download it.

The machine is a Sun 'Ultra Enterprise 450'.

James