Re: Request for review of partman-newworld

On Wednesday 07 April 2004 12:26, Colin Watson wrote:
> This seems like a good idea; but where? I don't think it's a good
> idea to force an extra note unconditionally, and I can't see any
> hooks for displaying help text.

Well, imho, the technical knowledge level of the average mac user is
far below that of the average hppa or alpha user. While the average
hppa/alpha user might know everything about their boot loader
(palo/silo), the mac user will probably have only some MacOS 8/9 or X
experience. Even for X users, I doubt that they will -in general-
know about such stuff. So I don't think it's really that bad offering
a help text about what a NewWorld boot partition is anyway.

> We could document it (we should do that anyway, of course), or see
> if there's some way to squeeze it into partman-auto. I haven't
> figured out how autopartitioning should work yet.

no idea...

> As far as I know, miboot is for OldWorlds.

ehm, yes you're right, my bad :-)

Konstantinos