Re: Debian installer for Apple XServe

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 12:34:57PM +0200, Pip Oomen wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
>
> >>Researching the 'missing driver' a bit further, it actually looks like
> >>the config option that is needed is:
> >>
> >>CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PDC202XX_NEW=y
> >>
> >>This driver supports the Promise Ultra 100 TX2 [PDC20268], which seems
> >>to be the IDE device to which the harddisks are attached. So, what is
> >>the status on that one?
> >

> >Not builtin, but i am going to modify that now.
>
> When will this be included in the nightly then?
>
> I would love to try if this works, but rather not waste any time on
> downloading and burning an image that does not have this setting included.

Mmm, i will have to do a new build. We are currently busy with other
stuff, but i will see what i can do. Mmm, the -4 is in testing now, so
it should be ok. There is some time needed until it appears in the
nightly build though. I need to build and upload (takes me around 6
hours or so, will probably miss this evenings dinstall run), then once
it is in the archive, a .udeb needs to be build (one more day), and then
debian-installer needs to be built, and finally the image needs to be
generated. Probably it will be ok by next weekend, but mail me first for
confirmation.

Friendly,

Sven Luther