Re: partconf [was Re: d-i - priority changes]

mån 2004-03-22 klockan 11.34 skrev Thiemo Seufer:
> > OK, so if some arches will be using partconf -- what needs to be done?
>
> Well, the best fix is to improve partman to do the job well, but that
> takes probably more time than we have for sarge.

I'm wondering if parts of partman could be rewritten in C to speed
things up? How hard would it be to figure out which parts would benefit
most from it?

> > There hasn't been any development on partconf for quite some time (I
> > sure haven't had the time). There's a looot of bugs in the BTS...
>
> The version available happens to work for the common case.
> #221213 is a bug in parted-udeb which doesn't Provides: libparted1.6-0.
> The other bugs are annoying but not fatal.

#220281 looks pretty serious to me, but I'm not sure if that thing
happens any more, ISTR rewriting parts of the code to fix that, but I
don't remember exactly. Curse this master project of mine, or I'd have
more time to hack.

/Martin