Re: slashdotted

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 12:57, Christian Perrier wrote:

>> Well... do we really target "Bob User"s?
> I definitely do.

Unfortunately, Bob User would prefer an anaconda like installation
system. He would like the bleeding edge packages. Worse, it would be
hard to convince Bob, that Netscape, Acrobat, NVidia, et. al. is not
Free.

> I definitely want Debian to stop being the distribution chosen only by
> skilled hackers (which it *is* now, let's be realistic).

Skilled hackers might use Gentoo. In my understanding, Debian is for
"real sysadmins" with real production systems. Or for anyone who needs
super-stability.

AFAIK (CMIIW), one of the design philosophy of D-I is to make D-I
easy to maintain, by pushing as much packages as "regular packages".

regards,

--
Rahmat M.  Samik-Ibrahim -- vLSM.org  -- http://rms46.vLSM.org/ --
Fetch my GNUPG public key at http://rms46.vlsm.org/pgp/pub.txt ---