Re: slashdotted

Quoting Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim (rms46@ui.edu):

> Well... do we really target "Bob User"s?

I definitely do.

The eleven-keystroke installation process Joey already reported is a
result of this.

The 25-languages installation also.

I definitely want Debian to stop being the distribution chosen only by
skilled hackers (which it *is* now, let's be realistic).

Bob Users begin to think about installing Linux on their
systems. Currently they choose other distributions because everyone
tells them that Debian is "hard to install". Thus they are dropped
in the commercial distribution system with the consequences we now
know (Redhat...).

We definitely need to think about Bob Users. Not only we, d-i
contributors, but all Debian Developers.

Several Debian-derived distribution come to my mind, for instance
Skolelinux. *These* are definitely Bob Users distributions.

We still have lots of things to improve for being as easy to install
as Microsoft Windows XP (I don't reaf saying and writing this). And
this may not be our only target but this definitely has to be one.