Re: not releasing powerpc (Re: beta3 released)

Sven Luther wrote:
> No, i wont upload a new package until tomorrow, and that the current
> package goes into testing.

So I should expect a fixed package tomorrow then?

> Anyway, the current situation is installing
> the -apus kernel because base-installer doesn't seem to be able to fall
> back the 2.4.22 one, but silently takes the first powerpc kernel available.

This is probably because debian-cd included only two powerpc kernel
packages, that were effectively randomly chosen. IIRC this was the apus
one and netpmac-smp or something. It has been changed to include all
available powerpc packages instead, and I expect that will let
base-installer make better decisions, but someone will have to test it.

> Also, Colin said he would have a look at this this evening, so we will
> know tomorrow about it. I think maybe it would be more interesting to
> fix yaboot-installer instead so it doesn't rely on the symlink being
> present, but fall back to using the real kernel in case the symlink is
> missing, this would add more robustness to the whole process.

Fine with me if you go that route, I just want to know when to expect a
fix.

--
see shy jo