Re: RFC: discover 1 -> 2 transition plan for Debian

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 06:37, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Of course hotplug have a huge advantage using these maps directly, as
> the kernel module maintainers in effect is maintaining their HW
> database.  :)

Note that the next version of discover-data will have this advantage
as well: We're separating out the parts of the data that
are pulled from other sources (e.g., pci.ids) from the parts that we
maintain ourselves. This should allow us to track existing sources more
effectively, as well as make it easier to maintain our own value-add.

--
Ian Murdock
317-578-8882 (office)