Re: To partman or not to partman (was Re: release status)

Quoting Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org):

> What say you gentlemen?

Based on what I know of partman and with newbie installation in mind,
I would definitely say "go fo partman as default on i386 and as an
option on other archs (except powerpc if it works OK for them?)".

It's some time since I tested it. The only big problem I found was the
complexity of menus which sometimes could leave the user lost.....

As André wrote, making it the default for beta3 will immediately
trigger a lot of testing. I hope Anton is ready for this (we will all
help, of course, but basically, partman is his beast).