Re: [d-i manual] repetitious para

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 07:01:35PM +0100, Philippe Batailler wrote:
> hi,
>
> In file doc/manuel/en/what-is-debian-linux.xml,
> one <para> reads:
>
> For example, Debian was the first Linux distribution to include a
> package management system for easy installation and removal of
> software.
>
> Then two <para> later:
>
> The feature that most distinguishes Debian from other Linux
> distributions is its package management system.  These tools give the
> administrator of a Debian system complete control over the packages
> installed on that system, including the ability to install a single
> package or automatically update the entire operating system.
>
> It seems to be useless repetition.

I don't think so. The first paragraph just mentions that Debian is
innovative and developed some cool tool. The other paragraph briefly
describes (in a slightly different context) what is it good for.

(BTW, these days every other major distribution offers ported apt-get
or have some similar tool like urpmi. Do you think we should weaken
the wording "most distinguishes" a bit?)

--
Miroslav Kure