Re: Bits about countrychooser and languagechooser

Quoting Konstantinos Margaritis (markos@debian.org):

> So if I understand it correctly, you propose to show the current list
> of languages (most common selections), and an 'Other' field (actually
> I believe a 'more' should be more appropriate) for each language that
> shows the extra country selections for this language, right? Whenever
> they are available of course.
> I like it, it's a nice idea, although I believe there might have to be
> a few exceptions, (eg, en_US & en_GB, these might need to be visible
> separately in the main screen instead of in a menu).

Yes, that's the idea. However, I think that showing, for each
languages, the most common combinations would be nice, not only for
English.

For instance, Greek would be shown as follows:

gr_GR Choose this......in greek (Greece)
gr    Choose this......in greek (Other countries)

Users from, say, Cyprus or Macedonia, could then choose "gr" and then
be presented with all possible combinations, according to
/usr/share/i18n/SUPPORTED.

By the way, when it comes to greek, I see that no greek locale,
including gr_GR, is shown in SUPPORTED....Pretty surprising to me.

(I need to figure out what *exactly* is the rule of SUPPORTED and what
happens when one chooses a locale not shown there)